Italian Rest. in SoCal & Gelato Shop Seeks Culinary School Students & Grads As InternsBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Social Media InternBrunch and Slay
Production Accounting Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Production Assistant InternshipEyesight Fashion & Luxury Inc.
Event Planning InternshipProject DragonFruit
Event Planner Internship1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles
Intern - Special Events, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Design AssistantA Moment In Time Wedding & Event Production
The perfect internship for aspiring event planners!Bookmark This
4601 Hunt Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD
Posted: January 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionExclusively Entertainment [www.ExclusivelyEntertainment.com] is looking for a positive, outgoing intern who aspires to become an event planner. We are a full-service entertainment, lighting, cinematography, photo booth, event planning and event production company with headquarters in Potomac, MD, combining superior service and products with personal client attention.
In addition to the approximately 200 private parties, corporate events and weddings we are a part of each year, we produce some of the areas biggest public events including "Lights. Camera. I DO!" [www.lightscameraido.com] on February 21st, 2016 at the Bethesda Marriott.
We need some extra hands and ideas to help coordinate, prepare, and of course plan this event as well as the many other events we have going on.
SALARY: This is a non-paid internship however it has great potential of becoming a paid position as either an in house event planner, admin assistant, sales rep and more!
Please submit BOTH of the following:
- Cover letter
Applications that do not include both will not be considered.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in two very unique bridal events and a variety of private and public events. The experience will be invaluable and fun!
Check us out on online:
ResponsibilitiesTASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct market research in the surrounding area in order to remain competitive as well as to develop accurate price points for new services
• Update online event planner when necessary with client, vendor, and event information
• Inform and involve past clients in current promotions and events
• Implement and responsible for all outreach for client appreciation
• Assist clients with any questions or concerns they may have leading up to their wedding
• Consistently update wedding websites and search engine listings to improve market reach and ultimately expand clientele
• Actively create posts on behalf of Exclusively Entertainment on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest
• Aid in the planning, design, setup, and management of both public, promotional, and charity events
• Work closely with hotel/venue staff to successfully accomplish all event duties and details
• Order and assemble all public event admission tickets, decor and accessories
• Assist the owner in formulating innovative and unique marketing strategies
• Play a direct role in the design and organization of both marketing material and promotional events
• Proof contracts, marketing material and any other essential documents when needed
• Request for, screen, and interview new employees for events and/or logistical duties
- Join Iman Huschmand (Owner) and his team in assisting with the logistical planning
- email/phone correspondence with vendors, clients etc.
- attend meetings with designers and vendors
- Currently in a four-year university/institution or received a Bachelor’s degree
- Aspiring Event Planner
- Driven, motivated and punctual
- Team player
- Professional attitude
- Must live within 20 miles of our office in Chevy Chase, MD
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Have clean, neat appearance, be alcohol and drug-free
SkillsRequired - Professional Communication, Exceptional People Skills, Creative, Able To Multi-task, Enthusiastic self-starter, Active Team Player, Excellent organizational skills
Preferred - Dependable