IMMEDIATE NEED: EVENT ASSISTANTS NEEDED IN METRO ATLANTANATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Summer Special Events Intern (Full - Time) - UnpaidThe National Archives
Event Coordinator / Program DevelopmentB~STEM Project
NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDColorado Promotional Group
Social Media & Community Management InternThese 3 Words Weddings Events & Catering
Events managerWorld Arts
Events Intern For Company Geared Toward Minority WomenBrown Girl Bloggers
Event Planner InternshipOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Traffic Flow CoordinatorBookmark This
Posted: June 16 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMischief Management presents three premier conferences including GeekyCon (a fan based event for all things nerdy and geeky), LeakyCon (a Harry Potter-centric event) and BroadwayCon (the first conference for Broadway). Our events are popular, and populated! As our guests wait for special events such as opening and closing ceremonies or other programming, having someone to organize and monitor the traffic flow is critically important to the safety of our guests.
· Assists in the development of a detailed line management plan for programming, main stage and autographs/photo booth areas.
· Works with venue regarding appropriate signage, ropes and other physical barriers designed to ease the traffic flow (must be familiar with location prior to event).
· Organizes attendee traffic patterns to maximize space and queuing patterns to maximize efficiency and space utilization.
· Organizes volunteers working with line and traffic flow oversight and with event security.
· Monitors common event areas and liaisons with security if issues escalate
· Works with the lines and heavy traffic areas, communicating with guests to provide a fun, party like atmosphere. This may include games, songs, contests between different areas of the crowd, etc.
RequirementsThis position is ideal for those students who are seeking to work in the events/conference field as it will offer hands on and practical experience at a fan-based conference.
Work in security helpful but not required. Interest in events and conferences, including coursework is preferred. Excellent customer service and ability to work with crowd management and volunteers required. Ability to remain calm during stressful periods of time required.