wedding and event planning internship - summer 2014Bookmark This
Laura Davis Events
306 S. Washington Ave, Suite 203
Royal Oak, MI
DescriptionLaura Davis Events, Inc. has an opening for a non-paying internship. The internship offers the opportunity to work closely with professional wedding and event planners to help orchestrate events. The internship will include day-to-day tasks involved with running a successful business; behind-the-scenes experience of planning and organizing events; assisting with special events, wedding ceremony rehearsal and on-site coordination of both the wedding ceremony and wedding reception.
This is an unpaid position; however, an intern who successfully completes the internship program may be hired on a part-time basis to assist at future events.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be working alongside our team at Laura Davis Events, as well as our sister company, Frosted Pink Events. More information on our brands can be found on our websites; please familiarize yourself with our companies before your interview.
Laura Davis Events - www.lauradavisevents.com
Frosted Pink Events - www.frostedpinkevents.com
Any questions regarding the internship may be directed to our internship coordinator, Marianne Thai, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RequirementsYour resume and cover letter should demonstrate how you possess all of the required qualifications. Examples recounting situations where the required attributes were demonstrated are encouraged as part of an applicant’s cover letter.
• Previous event planning experience – Applicants should have some previous event planning experience. This includes non-professional experience such as volunteer school events, volunteer church events, college homecoming committee, sorority event chair, assisting with charity galas or other non-profit volunteer event experience.
• Driving knowledge of metropolitan Detroit – Applicants should be familiar with metro Detroit’s interstates and main roads, possess an ability to read and follow a road map, and have a reliable means of transportation.
• Outgoing personality – Applicants should be flexible, hospitable, gracious, assertive, motivated, independent, resourceful, with an ability to solve problems calmly and quickly. Ability to multi-task is essential.
• Weekend availability – Applicants must be willing to work Saturdays, and some Fridays and Sundays.
• Strong listening and comprehension skills – Applicants need to be able to listen to instructions and carefully and correctly follow directions.
• Computer skills – Applicants must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Additional ability to conduct research on the internet is required.