Social Media & Radio Promotions InternAnnapolis Broadcast System
Event CoordinatorFTK~Konnect Events
American Heart Association Social Market InternAmerican Heart Association
Event Production InternshipGBK Productions
Special Events Planning InternEmpire Events Group
Meetings & Education Intern - Winter/SpringSentergroup
Special Events Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Event and Operations ManagerFlour LA, Inc.
Wedding and event planning internship - summer 2017Bookmark This
Laura Davis And Co.
306 S. Washington Ave, Suite 203
Royal Oak, MI
Posted: October 06 2016
Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 05/09/17 — 08/28/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLaura Davis and Co. has an opening for a non-paying internship. The internship offers the opportunity to work closely with professional wedding and event planners to help orchestrate events. The internship will include day-to-day tasks involved with running a successful business; behind-the-scenes experience of planning and organizing events; assisting with special events, wedding ceremony rehearsal and on-site coordination of both the wedding ceremony and wedding reception.
This is an unpaid position; however, an intern who successfully completes the internship program may be hired on a part-time basis to assist at future events.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be working alongside our team at Laura Davis and Co.. More information on our brand can be found on our website; please familiarize yourself with our companies before your interview.
Laura Davis and Co.: www.lauradavisandco.com
Any questions regarding the internship may be directed to our internship coordinator, Marianne Thai, at firstname.lastname@example.org
RequirementsYour resume and cover letter should demonstrate how you possess all of the required qualifications. Examples recounting situations where the required attributes were demonstrated are encouraged as part of an applicant’s cover letter.
• Previous event planning experience – Applicants should have some previous event planning experience. This includes non-professional experience such as volunteer school events, volunteer church events, college homecoming committee, sorority event chair, assisting with charity galas or other non-profit volunteer event experience.
• Driving knowledge of metropolitan Detroit – Applicants should be familiar with metro Detroit’s interstates and main roads, possess an ability to read and follow a road map, and have a reliable means of transportation.
• Outgoing personality – Applicants should be flexible, hospitable, gracious, assertive, motivated, independent, resourceful, with an ability to solve problems calmly and quickly. Ability to multi-task is essential.
• Weekend availability – Applicants must be willing to work Saturdays, and some Fridays and Sundays.
• Strong listening and comprehension skills – Applicants need to be able to listen to instructions and carefully and correctly follow directions.
• Computer skills – Applicants must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Additional ability to conduct research on the internet is required.