In May, Washington, D.C. native Leen Zada won free summer housing in New York City in EHS’s You & Me in NYC promotion with Internships.com. Leen has been interning for the nonprofit Participatory Culture Foundation for more than a month, and this week, she shares a list of things she wants to do before her summer comes to a close.
By Leen Zada
Let me tell you, I’ve only been here a month and I don’t want to leave. What I love about this city is that there is always something going on and something to do. Time flies when you’re having a good time and I want it to slow down. I am loving the work that I’m doing at my internship — it’s challenging me and getting me out of my comfort zone.
Here are the things I want to see and do while I’m still here:
- The Guggenheim
- Madame Tussauds
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – especially to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition, Savage Beauty. I have been wanting to do that since I got here!
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- The Museum at FIT
- The Empire State Building and New York Skyride
- Ballet at the Lincoln Center
- Central Park
- The Rockefeller Center
- Go to a Yankees game
- Visit Governors Island
- Ground Zero
- Coney Island
- Ellis Island
- Statue of Liberty
- The Bronx Zoo
- See Catch Me If You Can and Memphis on Broadway.
- I have joined lots of groups on Meetup.com & will be attending their meetups.
NY creative meetup events
- Woody Allen Film Festival at Museum of Jewish Heritage
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Museum of Modern Art
Check back next Tuesday for another update from Leen’s summer adventures in NYC!