Beauty, Health & Fashion PR & Content InternBookmark This
The Makeup Blogger
DescriptionThe Makeup Blogger is an extremely fast-paced professional beauty blog that includes four lifestyle blogs. We are looking for a talented social media marketing & PR intern who is eager to learn more about beauty/health/lifestyle brand marketing and is a self starter and multi-tasker. The intern will assist with various projects, reporting, research, social media, PR and administrative support. The intern will also contribute to content, and has the oppertunity to write articles on health, beauty, yoga, spirituality, and celebrity topics.
- 20-25 hours/week
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home!
- Must be available for Skype and phone meetings
Responsibilities- Posting and initiating conversation with social media users
- Writing headlines and copy for newsletters
- Writing and pitching press releases
- Participating in the development and implementation of promotional programs, contests, etc.
- Online research
- Sharing ideas and implementing strategies designed to create buzz and viral marketing
- Creating e-mail blasts
- Monitoring and posting on blogs, forums, and social networks.
- Writing SEO-friendly articles
- Editing content, fact checking, and editorial research
- Potential for writing beauty reviews for TheMakeupBlogger.com and related health blogs under The Makeup Blogger business with a spot as an full time contributor.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, one writing sample and links to 2-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge.
Requirements- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Photo Editing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience with writing copy and press releases
- Must be tech-savvy
- A personable team player and must be able to take and follow instructions well (mostly via email and Skype)
- Web design, graphic design and basic html are a plus, but not required
- SEO writing and editing skills