CREATIVE INTERN, Los AngelesBookmark This
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: 680 days ago
DescriptionThe CHAY Creative Intern is a non-paid internship (for credit if desired) for individuals looking for a rewarding experience in fashion. CHAY is a lifestyle brand with a growing retail presence. In addition to working with artisan and specialty purveyors, CHAY has developed its own an exciting fashion label. The Creative Intern is the foundation that keeps our pipeline organized and is responsible for the organization and inspection of product samples along the lifecycle from idea to garment. Check us out at www.chayonline.com
Responsibilities• Brainstorm with and assist Creative Director with design process.
• Physical organization of the design studio.
• Track whereabouts of samples and fabrics, manage products for photo shoots, monitor inventory of garments.
• Check accuracy and quality of samples; report issues to the Creative Director.
• Manage logistics (pack, unpack, track, deliver by mail and/or hand.
• Prep samples for review and prepare final garments for sale (e.g. steam, tag)
• Support and learn from CHAY retail associates in the shop
RequirementsThe successful candidate is a creative thinker, detail oriented and a self-starter with excellent written and verbal skills. You are able to contribute individually while making your voice heard in small, sometimes opinionated team. You should have a talent for ideas and a passion for style.
• Keen eye for details
• Minimum competency with MS Word and Excel. Photoshop, social media and blogging experience preferred.
• Team player with self-confidence, assertiveness and personal motivation
• Ability to multi-task / manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
• Ability to respond positively and act with a sense of urgency
• Collaborative/ partnership approach
• A desire to exceed internal and external customer expectations
• Passionate about making CHAY the premier lifestyle destination