Editorial / Journalism Intern - Fashion & Beauty Print MagazineBookmark This
Mz Mahogany Chic
DescriptionMz Mahogany Chic is comprised of two main sections: MzMahoganyChic.com the daily resource for everything fashion & beauty and MMC Magazine the bi-monthly online/print fashion & beauty magazine. Mz Mahogany Chic, an award-winning magazine, contains a vast array of articles with a focal point of the fashion and beauty industry through the eyes of celebrities and everyday people. We love to chat with celebrities with a unique gossip free approach. Are you a blogger? Strengthen your writing skills and get experience about the industry with out company.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and fashionable contributor (intern). The Intern will conduct research on the newest trends in fashion & beauty to publish articles in our magazine. We are looking for both male and female editorials.
ResponsibilitiesThis is a virtual internship, meaning you will not be reporting to an office however you must be accessible by company provided email, have own internet connection, and available to attend 1 hour bi-weekly staff meetings via teleconference.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing mini articles.
- Work on special projects, as needed
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will be capable of working independently to accomplish tasks, adhere to deadlines, and most importantly love fashion.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
- Familiarity of WordPress is a plus
- Ability to write in the 3rd Person or with an Editorial/Journalistic Tone