Editorial/Journalism InternBookmark This
DescriptionDo you love to write about fashion and read about pop culture? Are you highly organized and extremely creative? Does your social media playlist read like a Who’s Who, with a gazillion friends and followers? Then you just might have what it takes to be the next Chic Spy intern.
Currently, TheChicSpy.com, a style and entertainment blogzine, is looking for Spring/Summer 2014 interns who will have a bevy of tasks from writing engaging blog posts and tweeting the latest chic happenings, to interviewing local designers and boutique owners. There may even be occasional opportunities to attend movie screenings (for FREE) and write reviews.
Well, you can’t find out if you’ll make the cut until you apply. Just drop The Chic Spy a note telling her why you would make the perfect intern along with your resume, highlighting all your relevant experience and/or a writing sample. She’s just dying to meet you! Oh, and by the way, you have to be great at keeping secrets, because her identity is TOP SECRET!
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Agent-in-Chief.
- Proofreading electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing story pitches;
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, Fashion, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus