Fashion Apparel Industry Management and Merchandising InternshipBookmark This
318 W 9th Street, Ste. 210
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionEyepik is an online, luxury clothing and accessories sales platform. Eyepik merges the benefits of a luxury department store like Bloomingdales with the global reach of a company like eBay. Buyers of pre-owned, vintage and couture luxury merchandise experience a stylized online buying experience second to none. All transactions run through a branded e-commerce site. Eyepik acquires consigners through various methods. Most will be collectors, celebrities, stylists, or retail stores. Eyepik is the future of online selling of luxury merchandise.
Eyepik seeks interns with a passion for fashion, styling and merchandising. Our office is located in downtown Los Angeles. The internship will be ongoing through the fall semester of 2012. We seek part-time to full-time interns to assist with all facets of our projects, from initial concept of product placements to execution. Hours are flexible, ideally looking for 10-15 per week (2-3 days.) Position is initially for course credit/resume building experience.
Eyepik seeks interns who believe what we believe:
1. We believe that quality craftsmanship and design never go out of style.
2. We believe in the celebration of beautiful things
3. We believe in global inclusiveness
4. We believe in empowering people.
5. We believe in honoring achievement
6. We believe in paying it forward.
7. We believe that an extraordinary design should live more than just one night.
ResponsibilitiesIntern will have various responsibilities. Some of which might include:
- Controlling model schedules for fashion shoots.
- Ensuring the styling guide is complete and accurate for each product
- Inventory management of the current collection.
- Updating changes into online, web or excel format.
- Social media updates for the company.
RequirementsNeed intern to assist with multi-tasking on a variety of projects. Someone who's motivated & an astute individual who can help in any and every way needed.
- Must be extremely organized & very detail oriented (i.e. Type A personality)
- Must have transportation for various errands
- Must be adept at problem solving, taking initiative and following through on pending issues without needing to be asked
- Able to work independently, without constant supervision
- Excellent oral & written communication skills (fluent in English), possessing the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner with clients and superiors
- Be passionate about fashion -- eager and motivated to get hands on experience and learn about the day-to-day operations of a small firm.
- Have a sense of humor and enjoy working at a fast pace and multitasking with a variety of different projects.