Magazine Fashion & Beauty InternshipBookmark This
Northern Virginia Magazine
14901 Bogle Drive, Suite 307
Posted: 21 days ago
DescriptionNorthern Virginia Magazine is seeking fashion- and beauty-obsessed interns for clever copy editing and witty writing on the style beat. Interns will have the opportunity to work on various online and print assignments for the daily shopping blog, S.W.A.G., as well as for the Style section in our monthly glossy, which incorporates fashion, beauty and home design.
This position is unpaid, however, upon completion interns will amass quality writing samples and learn the inner workings of the magazine industry. Candidates must be available for at least 20 hours per week, although scheduling is flexible between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please send cover letter, resume and no more than THREE writing samples to our Fashion Writer, Angela Bobo, at abobo_at_northernvirginiamag.com. Note which session you are applying for.
Spring session runs January through mid-May.
Summer session runs mid-May through mid- to late-August.
Fall session runs mid- to late-August through end of December.
ResponsibilitiesEditorial interns will:
• Write articles as assigned by the editor
• Research and brainstorm story ideas with the editor
• Assist with Web updates
RequirementsEditorial intern candidates must:
• Have a working knowledge of AP Style Manual
• Be curious about Northern Virginia, its neighbors and its stories
• Have a knack for writing headlines and cut lines
• Be proficient in the many nuances of the written English language
• Have a sharp eye for detail
• Be available at least 20 hours during the work week and be flexible working an occasional weekend day for coverage
• Be a resourceful self-starter