Fashion Communications AssistantBookmark This
P.O. Box 324
DescriptionAbout the company:
eGarmentDistrict.com is a unique, personalized, urbanonline shopping portal for people who live, love and breath fashion.
Interns will gain hands-on experience and will be involved with all aspects of business. eGarment District wants interns who are passionate about fashion and devour it daily. Knowledge of urban fashion publications, urban fashion blogs, urban designers/products and stores/boutiques is a necessity.
- Spreading brand awareness about eGarment District
- Monthly marketing tasks
- Sharing ideas with the eGarment District team
- Brainstorming initiatives/ pitches
- Press Release and pitch writing
- Coordinating photo shoots
- Assisting with seasonal mailings to designers, editors, stylists etc.
- Assisting during Events (fashion shows, cocktail parties, in-store launches, press previews, etc) and editor appointments as needed
- Database maintenance (i.e. eGarment District, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr etc.)
2) SOCIAL MEDIA
- Maintaining community profiles on social media sites
- Researching social media trends and tools
- Assisting with developing content for clients on various social media platforms
- Supporting with execution of contests and promotions on social media platforms
- Loves fashion and has knowledge of the urban industry
- Knowledge and passion for social networking and Web. 2.0
- Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Delicious, StumbleUpon Flickr, YouTube, Wordpress Blog, Social Bookmaking etc.
- Strong computer and data management skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Possesses excellent writing skills and a strong desire to write
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must multi-task effectively
- Self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to Detail
- IS PASSIONATE AND ENERGETIC!
- Ability to perform basic graphical tasks in Photoshop/InDesign
- Previous Urban Fashion/Beauty PR, Social Media and/or Sales internship experience
- Have a blog or write for a blog
eGarment District needs interns who can commit to 3-5 days a week. Permanent employment may be offered after internship is completed.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is interested in public relations, social media and the fashion industry. You will interact with clients/designers/consumers, fashion editors and stylists frequently.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, include a list of your favorite magazines (explaining why you love them) as well as your favorite fashion blogs and why you’re addicted. If you have Twitter, please include your Twitter Handle and link to your blog if you have one. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your aspirations!