Fashion Consignment/ E-Commerce InternshipBookmark This
Bridge to Success
1236 S. Halsted St.
DescriptionBridge to Success is a non-profit organization with a social enterprise focus. Our mission is the enhancement of employment opportunities for to at-risk, low/no-income, hard-to-employ men, women and youth by providing high-end interview and work place appropriate clothing coupled with coaching to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and a sense of belonging at the workplace. Bridge to Success operates a chic, high-end resale store, The Bottomline, as its social enterprise operation. Bridge to Success is the only agency serving men, women and young adults city-wide.
Overview of Internship:
Bridge to Success is looking for volunteer interns with retail and/or customer service backgrounds who are service oriented, self-starters with fresh, innovative ideas who will assist us in one-on-one styling of clients and/or merchandising our client services center.
ResponsibilitiesDo you know how to spot a designer item? Are you internet savvy?
• Work directly with Store Manager
• Research items selected for sale on-line or through consignment; pricing items for sale
• Identify, photograph and assist with posting vintage and designer label items to be sold through eBay, Etsy and on The Bottomline's E-commerce website.
• Coordinate fashion shoots with models and photographers.
• Track on-line sales managing shipping and all customer relationships
• Manage Social Media and marketing as it applies to e-commerce development.
• Research new partnerships with retailers or consignment stores to create new revenue streams for the organization
RequirementsAn internship offers the opportunity to increase
• Customer service skills and orientation
• Interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to people from a variety of different backgrounds, cultures and experiences
• Ability to work well independently and as a self- starter
• Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurial, and intuitively with the able to see the "big picture"
• Management skills necessary for success in an ever-changing environment