Fashion Styling internship - immediate start - Susan Joy Studio (New York Times Stylist)Susan Joy Studio
Content Production and Programming Intern:Commercialize TV
Fashion Internship in Multi-Line ShowroomThe Hanger Showroom
PhotographerAtlanta Kids Fashion Week
Casting call AssistantAtlanta Kids Fashion Week
Fashion Design InternBookmark This
Smashing Golf & Tennis
DescriptionExciting opportunity that could lead to paid position. Fashion interns will work under the guidance of partners of innovative golf and tennis apparel company Smashing Golf & Tennis (www.SmashingOnline.com). Intern will help to prepare designs, assist with technical aspects of pattern and sample making and QA the production process at Chicago-based factory. Also assist at photo-shoots and other special projects.
Intern will need to be in the Chicagoland area, but hours are flexible and a great deal of the work can be performed virtually.
Responsibilities-Create new and revise existing Sewing Instructions - updating existing w/ changes, plus creating new one for Spring 14 styles
- Work with Pattern and Sample makers.
-Marketing support & Helping with events such as trunk shows and photo shoots.
-Social media, including Blogging, Tweeting, Pinterest and Facebooking.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate in Fashion Design and/or Merchandising
- Experience with pattern-making and ability to create sewing instructions
- Garment Construction
- Computer Patternmaking (Gerber) desirable
- Fashion llustration
- Machine sewing
- Computer skills, including Google Docs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, but also be self-motivated to complete deadlines independently.
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback