Seeking Bright Fashion Design InternsBookmark This
3008 S San Pedro St
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionGLLR, Inc., one of several apparel subsidiaries under the parent company (left blank for security purposes), manufactures and sells women's basics apparel (wholesale). The parent company, that primarily produces women's denim (among other basics), has been in the wholesale & manufacturing apparel business for over 30 years. Our main clients range from a variety of department stores, retailers, independent retailers, and other wholesalers who are located in the US, Mexico, and other Central & S. American countries.
Our apparel group is eagerly searching for fashion students/recent graduates, who are die-hard fashion enthusiasts, bloggers that search the web for new fashion trends/hot items (as if possessed), are detail-oriented with the organizational skills to match, self-starters, fast learners, that haunt retailers such as Forever 21, H&M, Zara, and the like. Essentially, we're looking for those individuals that live & breathe fashion.
A Candidate Fit for US:
- Your educational studies include Industrial Design, Fashion Merchandising, Business Administration, Sales or Marketing
- You are proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- You are proficient using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (technical fashion flat creation experience = ideal)
- You enjoy tasks that deal with handling product
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The Internship Fit for YOU:
- Assist with creating inspiration boards and sketches
- Assist team with researching trends, colors and materials.
- Help develop new styles (fashion designs) to be manufactured.
- Assist head designers SHOP for clothes & learn about the more technical fashion side of the wholesale apparel business.
If chosen, you will work in the sample room with the head designers and assist in a variety of tasks. Our ideal candidate is a multi-talented individual who can work on the creative fashion areas one minute, do analytical research the next, and won't mind doing administrative work. We're looking for those select few, driven, individuals who want to be a part of a thriving apparel group who can help create/change processes in order to move the group from a wholesale & manufacturing business toward the retail route. GUYS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY! Just because this may be primarily about women's fashion doesn't mean we are ONLY looking for women. If you are talented, driven, and have great work ethic WE WANT YOU! We value an individual's ability above all else. Anyone & everyone should apply!
Currently searching for UNPAID INTERNS. If you are the right fit for the company then we are eager to add you to the team after the initial trial period. An Executive Assistant position will be available that will encompass all of the fashion oriented areas, but there will be additional tasks included, such as: business research, process strategies, manage projects, and much more. Inquire about the Executive Assistant position for further details.
Responsibilities- Assist head designers with any tasks they might ask of you.
- Organize sample room, take photos of samples and create style sheets in Excel.
- Research hot trends, colors, and materials.
- Go shopping: Help designers purchase the new "hot" looks from various stores and locations.
Requirements- Cover Letter & Resume
- Headshot (not necessary to be chosen, but for at least 2 of the positions we are looking for an individual who is very fashion conscious to work alongside our 2 head designers [Women], & we're looking for at least 1 intern who will try on the samples with one of the head designers so if you're a size 2-4 and fit & KNOW fashion (fabric/materials/cut/fit/etc.) then you would be an ideal fit for this position.
- You are proficient using Microsoft Office Suite.
- You are proficient using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (technical fashion flat creation experience = ideal).
- You enjoy tasks that deal with handling product.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Have a means of transportation.
- Great work ethic & love of fashion.
- Most importantly, be a generally positive & happy individual since we're looking for those who love being surrounded by fashion and you will be surrounded by quite a bit.