Fashion Design InternBookmark This
3175 East Pico Boulevard Suite A
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAIKO is looking for dedicated and creative individuals to join our team at our location in the Fashion District in Downtown LA. We are looking for a reliable and detail-oriented intern to assist our design team. Our ideal intern will be a current fashion student, or any individual with the time to dedicate and desire to gain firsthand knowledge of the fashion industry.
About our company:
AIKO is a modern concept based around recreating the classic “sweatshirt”. The first collection launched in New York during Fashion Week for Spring 2010. Since then the collection has evolved into numerous classifications. For Fall 2011, AIKO introduced leathers, sweaters, and fur, all while maintaining a casual point of view.
Required intern skills:
- very organized and detail oriented
- reliable WITH reliable transportation for running errands *w/reimbursement*
- quick thinking/ability to work under fast pace
- knowledge of Word and Excel, filing and other basic office duties
- some Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- knowledge of current trends and market, as well as the desire to learn more about the industry
You can expect:
- to work closely with our design and production teams on a wide range of projects, gain a sense of how projects flow from start to finish, and learn about the different positions within a fashion company.
- to be responsible for/brainstorm strategies for different organizational projects within our office.
- to assist design team with our everyday tasks, including, but not limited to, organizing and maintaining fabric and trim libraries, assisting with maintenance of seasonal binders and inspiration boards, shipping samples, running errands as needed (with reimbursement for mileage and parking).
Please submit your cover letter and resume, and portfolio if applicable.
Hours are flexible, but please be available at least 2-3 days/week.