Fashion Design InternBookmark This
3008 S San Pedro St
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionLarge wholesale and manufacturing women's apparel group, based out of the LA Fashion District, is eagerly searching for fashion students/recent graduates, who are die-hard fashion enthusiasts, bloggers that search the web for new fashion trends/hot items (as if possessed), are detail-oriented with the organizational skills to match, self-starters, fast learners, that haunt retailers such as Forever 21, H&M, Zara, and the like. Essentially, we're looking for those individuals that live & breathe fashion.
A Candidate Fit for US:
- Your educational studies include Industrial Design, Fashion Merchandising, Business Administration, Sales or Marketing
- You are proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- You are proficient using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (technical fashion flat creation experience = ideal)
- You enjoy tasks that deal with handling product
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The Internship Fit for YOU:
- Assist with creating inspiration boards and sketches
- Assist team with researching trends, colors and materials.
- Help develop new styles (fashion designs) to be manufactured.
- Assist head designers SHOP for clothes & learn about the more technical fashion side of the wholesale apparel business.
If chosen, you will work in the design sample room with the head designers and assist in a variety of tasks. Our ideal candidate is a multi-talented individual who can work on the creative fashion areas one minute, is organized & detail oriented, and enjoys looking for fashion trends and writing reports on them. GUYS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY! Just because this may be primarily about women's fashion doesn't mean we are ONLY looking for women. If you are talented, driven, and have great work ethic WE WANT YOU! We value an individual's ability above all else. Anyone & everyone should apply!
Currently searching for UNPAID INTERNS! However, if you are the right fit for the company then we are eager to add you to the team after the initial trial period.
Responsibilities- Assist head designers with any tasks they might ask of you.
- Organize sample room, take photos of samples and create style sheets in Excel.
- Research hot trends, colors, and materials.
- Go shopping: Help designers purchase the new "hot" looks from various stores and locations.
Requirements- Cover Letter & Resume
- Headshot (not necessary to be chosen, but for at least 2 of the positions we are looking for an individual who is very fashion conscious to work alongside our 2 head designers [Women], & we're looking for at least 1 intern who will try on the samples with one of the head designers so if you're a size 2-4 & KNOW fashion (fabric/materials/construction/etc) then you would be an ideal fit for the job assisting the head designers.
- You are proficient using Microsoft Office Suite.
- You are proficient using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (technical fashion flat creation experience = ideal).
- You enjoy tasks that deal with handling product.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Have a means of transportation.
- Great work ethic & love of fashion.
- Most importantly, be a generally positive & happy individual since we're looking for those who love being surrounded by fashion and you will be surrounded by quite a bit.