READY TO WEAR & ACCESSORIES SALES INTERNSHIPShowroom Seven
WOMENSWEAR PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPTally Taylor Inc.
Esquire Magazine Fashion Editorial InternshipHearst Magazines - Esquire
Fashion Sales InternNY CHARISMA
Design Room InternChan Luu
Internship MerchandisingMovado Group, Inc.
E-Commerce Startup Summer InternshipBikini Luxe
Fashion Design InternshipBookmark This
Macy's on State Street - 111 N State St
Posted: August 02 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlyssa Kristin, a Chicago-based bridal line, is seeking a Fashion Design Intern to work directly with Designer/Owner. Internship is unpaid and intended to be educational, inspirational, and purposeful. Interns will gain valuable insight and experience to prepare them for a career in fashion. If eligible, class credit may be received.
Responsibilities• Create line-sheets
• Develop technical packages
• Pattern Manipulation
• Cutting Fabric and Patterns
• Create technical flat drawings on Adobe Illustrator
• Source fabric and trims domestically for sample production and salesman samples
• Update fabric overages charts and tag merchandise for production
• Assist with accessories and styling on photoshoots
• Assist designer in every day tasks
• Organizing, administrative task, etc.
• Analyze patterns to create cutters musts for prototypes and salesman samples
Requirements• Pattern draft, pattern drape, cut patterns, and precisely cut and sew fabrics.
• Passion for the Fashion Industry
• Currently enrolled in college/university with a focus in Fashion Design
• Attention to detail, self-starter, dedicated and fun!
• Available a total of 15 hours/week between the following time windows: 5pm-9pm: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, 8am-9pm: Wednesday, 10am-8pm: Saturday/Sunday