Fashion Design InternshipBookmark This
Macy's on State Street
DescriptionAgnes Hamerlik, a Chicago based fashion designer is looking for two serious Fashion Design interns. You will be working directly with the designer/owner of Hamerlik Inc.
These internships are unpaid but ideal candidate is eligible for class credit.
Timing: The position will be 15-20 hrs/week, preferably two-three days per week.
More information about our company can be found at www.AgnesHamerlik.com
• Develop technical packages
• Create technical flat drawings on Adobe Illustrator
• Research design inspiration for the current season based on a given theme
• Consider fabric yields and style details while preparing materials to send for sample Production
• Source fabric and trims domestically for sample production and salesman samples
• Embellish and bead garments for runway show and salesman samples
• Prepare samples for Fall 2014
• Update fabric overages charts and tag merchandise for production
• Assist with accessories and styling on photoshoots for ecommerce website
Assist designer in every day tasks
Organizing (patterns, garments, fabrics, tool & etc.)
Analyze patterns to create cutters musts for prototypes and salesman samples
RequirementsCandidates must be able to pattern draft, pattern drape and manipulation, cut patterns, and precisely sew and cut fabrics. The ideal candidate should be at least a junior level fashion design student.
Candidate must have excellent oral communication skills and should be able to listen and take direction accordingly. The candidate will be directed and work hand in hand with the Owner/Designer.
All candidates should also be knowledgeable with creating Specification Packets (if not, willing to teach the right intern).
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Lectra Modaris, Lectra Diamino.
Microsoft Office: Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
Other skills but not required:
Excel tracking, illustration, hand sewing, beading, graphic design, fabric dyeing, and trim embellishment.