Design InternshipVincetta, LLC
Fashion Social Media InternIn The Limelight
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN55TH + PARK
FASHION / SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN55TH + PARK
Library Science Fashion Cataloging & Collections ManagementWedding Story Writer
Fashion Marketing InternIlly P & Associates, Inc
Byron Bay International Fashion FestivalByron Bay International Fashion Festival
Fashion & Lifestyle Website AssistantBookmark This
Big City Little Dress
1105 1st Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: July 27 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBig City Little Dress (formerly SocialiteStyle.com) was relaunched in April 2014, is based out of Manhattan, and is currently expanding to feature editorial style shoots and interviews that will become the focus of the site. These will be supplemented by other content including fashion news, beauty, events, and runway show coverage.
Between photo shoots, fashion shows, parties and events, showroom visits, marketing, social media, and corresponding with designers and brands (not to mention creating new content), I'm in need of a helping hand that can assist! This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to network with fashion industry professionals and learn about the tasks involved in working with a fashion publication. Perks will include attending shows at MBFW, parties and events, opportunities to contribute to the site to increase your online presence and influence, and at times free products (clothing, accessories, jewelry, cosmetics). You'll receive training in areas like writing pitches, creating content, SEO best practices, and photo shoot production.
This is a part-time internship with an average commitment of 8-12 hours per week (may vary during Fashion Week). Schedule can be flexible with reasonable notice and some work can be arranged remotely.
Responsibilities- Uploading content to the website (Squarespace platform)
- Updating social media
- Corresponding via email/phone with brands, designers, and PR reps
- Covering fashion show and events (especially if I'm double-booked)
- Picking-up & returning clothing samples from showrooms
- Coordinating schedules with the photographer, make-up artist, and hairstylist for photo-shoots
- Assisting on photo shoots
- Occasional day-to-day errands
Requirements- A great attitude
- A professional manner and an ability to communicate with industry professionals
- A strong command of the English language and strict attention to detail
- Passionate about fashion! Up-to-date on trends in fashion and beauty
- Reliable (no last minute changes unless in an emergency) and willing to have a flexible schedule
- Basic understanding of Office programs, comfortable working on Mac
- Must be within reasonable distance to Manhattan and arrange your own transportation
** Knowledge of SEO, CSS/HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite and a strong social media following are a plus!