Fashion Merchandising and Product Development InternBookmark This
DescriptionCHARLES OWO NEW YORK: Men's underwear, ties, ascots, pocket squares and scarves. Luxury Redefined ™ http://instagram.com/charlesowo# | http://www.charlesowo.com (website launch Oct 31, 2013) .
ResponsibilitiesJob/Internship Type: Fashion Merchandising and Product Development Intern
Location: Remotely/Central or Northern New Jersey/NYC
1. With oversight from the CEO, participate in all stages of a product lifecycle, from concept development to receipt of finished products;
2. Assist with the following activities: receiving and inventory of new merchandise, ad-hoc inventory analysis, communication with vendors, product planning and trend forecasting, mood boards and creative research, pricing research, development of look books and line sheets, and photo-shoots;;
3. Work closely with all CHARLES OWO team members, including Media/Communications;
4. Must have an incredible amount of creativity and flair for fashion (men’s fashion a plus, but not mandatory), and be willing to continuously contribute inputs and opinions on market trends, competitors and the latest fashion directions;
5. Perform ad hoc merchandising or production duties as needed.
1. Academic: currently studying fashion merchandising in college OR have a fashion background, with retail experience and/or a college degree;
2. Practical: good understanding of luxury designers and modern accessories brands;
3. Work Ethic: an excellent work ethic, time-management and organizational skills. Must take initiative and multi-task and be responsible for meeting deadlines in the production and development process for CHARLES OWO;
4. Other: must be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week. Well versed in MS Office, especially Word and Excel. Interested candidates must be prepared to provide references and/or a sample of their fashion merchandising/product development abilities (e.g. course work in a fashion merchandising study program, projects or practical experiences at fashion outlets, etc.).
Compensation: UNPAID, a small stipend available.
Contact: To apply, please email your resume to info@CHARLESOWO.com.
*Subject line should read: CHARLES OWO “Fashion Merchandising and Product Development Intern”.