Fashion PR InternshipBookmark This
201 Richards St. #216
DescriptionWe are a full-service PR and branding firm in NYC representing RTW and High-end Contemp. lifestyle and fashion lines.
ResponsibilitiesThe PR Intern supports the Brand Director, Director, and team.
• Draft press releases and pitch letters
• Event planning
• Research for team and clients as necessary
• Production and execution of media mailings
• Assist with weekly media outreach/sample pull requests
• Build and maintain media lists
• Product send-outs to editors. Consistently follow up on mailings and
products sent out for consideration.
• Maintain product inventory
• Track all incoming product deliveries, counting inventory & updating
• Compile updates (daily, weekly, monthly)
• Develop compelling story angles, pitches
• Handle press inquiries
• Read all notable magazines, blogs, newspapers always looking for
opportunities for clients
• Maintain both upcoming and secured press clippings log.
Position Specifications & Requirements:
• The PR Intern position requires exceptional
organizational and people skills, the ability to manage
multiple projects and simultaneously
• Experience in fashion/lifestyle industry preferred.
• Strong media relations skills and considerable experience interacting
• Strong knowledge of public relations standards and practices
• Exceptional writing skills and experience developing written press
• Interest in fashion, pop culture and social media savvy.
• Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point.
If you are looking for a cool work environment (our office is a penthouse/loft in a retired candy factory built in 1912) within an amazing secret Brooklyn neighborhood (best restaurants and nightlife) working amongst other people who are passionate about the industry and love what they do - this may be a great fit...
Please respond with PR INTERN in subject. NO ATTACHMENTS. Include a letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit.
Serious inquiries only. This position is part time.
RequirementsPlease only apply if you are a current student or recent graduate and can commit to 2-3 days per week, for a minimum of 4 months. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO RED HOOK in BROOKLYN. (easy via all trains and bus).
The ideal candidate will be bright, polished, articulate, pro-active and bring a positive attitude. A person who can communicate with clients and staff while juggling priorities/tasks--and not miss a beat.