FASHION DESIGN INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Anne Bowen/The Meurigan Company
159 WEST 53RD STREET
New York, NY
DescriptionANNE BOWEN INTERNS
Designer Anne Bowen creates spirited, sexy and modern collections. As a luxury brand, her designs reflect on the inner confidence and individuality of women. We consider ourselves a fun vibrant young company that has amazing people working within it. We are in an exciting period of growth and looking to build a team who can grow with the company.
Interns will be involved in multiple aspects of the fashion industry and get to work closely with buyers, stylists, and magazine editors as well as executive members and the CEO/Designer of the company. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone looking to get experience in the fashion industry. You will work closely with Anne Bowen to prep for her fall 2014 collection, be apart of the design process experience all the way to the show.
Anne Bowen is currently looking for a highly motivated self-starter to intern in design/production. We are looking for someone to start immediately. This position will provide a great opportunity for the individual to work closely with both design and production teams. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual MUST be able to keep up with a fast paced environment, keep calm under pressure, be a team player, be proactive and take initiative, and be able to work at least 2-3 full days a week and commit to a period of 3-4 months.
**COLLEGE CREDIT OFFERED**
Responsibilities• Assisting in sample development- draping, sewing, patternmaking
• Sourcing fabrics and trims uptown
• Make sure production is streamlined
• Match incoming orders to production and outgoing orders
• Assisting in print development and special projects.
• General studio tasks
• Design room upkeep: sort/return components to bins, create new organizational systems
• Production support: packaging, QA, simple assembly
• Misc: special projects, trips to local suppliers, shows
• Organize inventory and establish inventory control system
• Help pack, ship, hang, and care for garments
• Customer support
• Develop line sheets
Requirements• Punctuality, reliability and enthusiasm
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong understanding of draping, pattern-making and construction
• A good understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator
• Detail oriented
• Good multi tasking and time management skills
• Organized and focused
• Previous experience in garment industry a plus
• Must have portfolio