Fashion internship- Pattern Maker/SewerBookmark This
House Of Au+ORA
1873 Samar Drive
Costa Mesa, CA
DescriptionOrange County based designer swimwear label is seeking a highly motivated fashion design intern. Duties will include assisting designers with new product development, create original flat sketches, pattern making, create specifications, assist in fittings, work closely with production team and design team, sample making, and other pre/post production related tasks.
Responsibilities- Pattern making construction
-Interpret sketches'design sheets from Designers
• Create fully-graded size specifications according to finalization samples.
• Attend fitting to assist in fit adjustments and recommended construction.
• Work with sample room on sewing.
-Perform pattern corrections necessary of requested changes
-Create spec sheets
-Work closely with production team and design team
Requirements- English speaking ( bilingual in spanish is a major bonus)
-pattern experience and knowledge
- Must have be majoring in or graduated with a degree in fashion apparel design or equivalent
-Experience with 2-4 way stretch fabrics ( experience with swimwear fabric is a big plus)
-Highly organized and demonstrate attention to detail
-Adapt to a fast pace environment
- Must be very organized
- Must be reliable
- Must have own transportation
-Available to come to LA and OC