Beauty, Health & Fashion Marketing Research InternBookmark This
La Isha Natural Skincare
DescriptionAn award-winning, local skincare company based in Denver Colorado is looking for a creative individual to help research marketing trends, tools and help execute social media, sales and public relations campaigns to increase visibility, brand awareness and revenue.
This internship is an incredible opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and gain valuable real world experience. We welcome those who show a passion for staying up to date with social media trends. A strong willingness to learn, positive attitude, ability to thrive alone or on a team and flexibility is a must! Upon completion of the internship you will receive a recommendation letter from the CEO of the company. Working in our entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment is a great way to build experience on your resume.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship. We ask that you work between 10 and 20 hrs. per week Monday through Friday with some scheduling flexibility. Intern will work remotely using his/her own laptop but will be expected to attend the occasional staff meeting or company event. Internship duration will run May-September, with options to extend a second internship running from September through December 2013. Applications are currently being accepted until June 15th. Along with your application please include your resume, cover letter, 2 references and samples of your past work that exemplify your ability to conduct research, perform detailed analysis and showcase your writing skills (sending us links to your work is acceptable) for our review.
• Conduct internet research to identify top 100 health and beauty bloggers for strategic relationship building.
• Create spreadsheet to track media contacts and contact information.
• Identify current and projected future demographic consumer trends.
• Identify competitive product manufacturers, products and pricing.
• Identify potential resellers, including brick and mortar, internet-based, and U.S. based distributors.
• Initiate and develop partner relationships to increase visibility, influence and leads on platforms including LinkedIn and Triberr.
• Assist with team management of social media accounts including fan engagement, page and content moderation and general outreach.
• Track statistics and monitor web traffic and trending topics.
• Monitor mentions and web exposure to ensure all information is accurate and up to-date across social media sites/networks (including videos, photos, product descriptions, contact info. etc.)
• Create and contribute content for monthly newsletter in Constant Contact and marketing copy to promote products and brand awareness.
• Assist with publishing monthly newsletter.
• Research and create content for tweeting, pinning, blogging (blogger) etc.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• An individual who is self-disciplined, creative and can think outside-the-box.
• Expert knowledge of search engine and research tools (including business metrics).
• Proficiency in various social media platforms.
• Some knowledge of SEO and RSS feed helpful.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Knowledge of and interest in healthy living, beauty, women’s issues and natural cosmetics is a definite plus.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Perform above tasks and other marketing activities as assigned by manager.
• Owns and has access to a laptop.
Preferred Experience and Education:
• An individual currently enrolled in or has a degree in business, marketing research, statistics, computer science, public relations, advertising, or communications.