Fashion Designer InternBookmark This
DW DESIGN, Inc.
501 N. WELLS STREET
DescriptionWe are looking for interns in Chicago, Illinois to be a part of a new fresh project. It’s a rare opportunity to be able to develop a line from concept to production and grow your skills for future success. You will work directly with the Style Director as well as independently.
As a promising start-up, we are looking for creative, proactive team members who are passionate about fashion, innovative, think outside the box and interested in contributing to the growth of the company. This is an opportunity for self motivated individuals to tackle a broad range of professional and creative challenges in a small company with the unique opportunity for you to be heard and seen.
ResponsibilitiesFashion Designer Intern Qualifications and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Skill sets: Dependable, punctual, team player, must be self-motivated, professional, organized and an excellent communicator who can articulate clearly and efficiently, able to multitask
- Strong interest in fashion with the ability to recognize and translate fashion trends
- Assist in creating designs for the line
- Conceptualize and execute the brand’s visual merchandising projects, i.e. look books, line sheets flat sketches and illustrations (with directions from Style Director) using a template by hand or computer
- *Experience operating industrial garment production machines (straight-stitch, serge, cover- stitch, blind-stitch, button hole)
- 1st samples
- Garment construction
- Hand sewing skills
- Inventorying fabrics, notions, and merchandise when instructed
- Assisting in client fittings
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator is a plus
- Able to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective solutions
- Knowledge of top US and European designers
*Please list the machines, industrial and home, you have experienced using in your cover letter.
If you speak any foreign languages, please write in your cover letter.
To apply: email cover letter, resume, a sample of your sketch style, and the 2-3 month period you can intern and how many days of the week you can intern (3, 4, or 5) includes some Saturdays to email@example.com
This is an unpaid internship
School credit is available – clothing or fabric allowance at end of internship.