Production and Studio Internship Spring '14Bookmark This
Fabric To Finish Inc.
265 West 37th Street Suite 904
New York, NY
DescriptionWe are an NYC based design studio specializing in global fabric and product development that works with emerging and independent designers to help them design, develop, source and produce their seasonal collections.
We are seeking energetic, articulate, passionate, fast learning, outgoing, and eager interns to help support our day to day operations at our design studio in the garment center.
You will be part of a young startup company and will be an active participant in helping to support a truly entrepreneurial environment. You will learn how to build a brand, build a company, source fabric and product, and communicate daily with local and overseas mills, factories and vendors.
Responsibilities• Answering phones and keeping the design studio tidy and in tip top shape
• Setting up for client appointments
• Conduct market research to find new trends, color stories, and new brands
• Keeping seasonal development books in order and up to date
• Organizing and maintaining the master fabric library
• Assisting in daily social networking and online marketing (Twitter, Facebook)
• Preparing daily packages for shipment to overseas suppliers and tracking their whereabouts
• Sourcing local market for trim, fabric and anything other client needs
• Supporting the owner of the company with various special projects
• Cutting fabric samples and labeling hangtags appropriately
• Are a self starter
• Can multi task
• Confront challenges with confidence and poise
• Are a strong communicator
• Possess strong analytical skills and are highly organized
• Are hungry to learn and grow
• Can create fabric and trend inspiration boards
• Have a good eye for color
• Are interested in textiles
• Enjoy product development
• Have solid aptitude in Microsoft Office
• Have a knowledge of professional email etiquette