Public Relations InternBookmark This
Heather Magidsohn Consulting
9157 Sunset Blvd. Suite 210
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionLos Angeles-based Boutique PR agency seeks intern who's ready to learn the ins and outs of the PR world. Clients include luxury fashion and lifestyle brands. Involved in media, marketing and celebrity outreach.
* Conduct media research/outreach
* Compile press lists
* Track client press
* Social media maintenance
* Assist in event planning/coordination and individual brand projects
* Package and deliver samples
* General office duties
This will be a very hands-on, incredibly fast-paced internship with serious deadlines— ideal for someone who truly wants to get a sense of what PR is all about.
Will provide recommendations, as well as college credit.
This is NOT a coffee runner position. Interns are a vital part of our business and we value them. You scratch our back, and we'll return the favor - happy to help interns with their own careers/make introductions/etc. Please note we are only looking for interns with RELEVANT EXPERIENCE - i.e. interns who've worked at other PR firms, at a magazine, etc. Candidates without such experience will not be considered.
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Position starts immediately.
RequirementsCandidates MUST possess the following skills:
* Self-starting, committed, motivated individual with strong time management skills and positive attitude
* Must be extremely detail-oriented and focused
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including phone etiquette
* Strong knowledge of MAC/Microsoft Office, including Excel and Powerpoint
* Blogging experience a plus
* Available a minimum of 2-3 days/week
* No High School students