STAFF USA Retail 2014 Wholesale (Showroom Sales) InternshipBookmark This
220 W 19th St
New York, NY
DescriptionCompany Description: Only The Brave (OTB) was founded by fashion entrepreneur, Renzo Rosso. OTB is the holding group for iconic brands like Diesel, Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and Staff International, which manufactures and distributes DSquared2, Just Cavalli, and Marc Jacobs Men. Thanks to its pioneering know-how and exceptional team of experienced individuals, Staff International has distinguished itself within the global market place through consistent and innovative enterprises. The company now designs, produces and distributes some of the world’s most iconic fashion and lifestyle brands aptly coined as, Made in Italy.
Job Description: As an intern, you will assist the Sales department as needed and be an active participant in the Diesel business. Primarily, you will learn about account management and market preparation.
Responsibilities• Assist in market appointments with buyers.
• Assist in product assortments, including creating line sheets for new collection and Power Points for buyers.
• Handle all sample and showroom management/maintenance
• Prepare and participate in market appointments by merchandising the collection, preparing/steaming samples, working with the line and greeting customers.
• Working with cross functional teams to help prepare for events and promote the collection.
• Assist in event planning, in store events and photo shoot coordination.
• Assist with prospecting for new accounts.
• Visit stores to ensure visual directive is being implemented.
• Perform administrative duties and various special projects as needed.
• Track samples to/from department stores.
• Compiling competitor analysis
• Conducting store visits with the Sales team
• Updating account databases
• Compiling data for appointment recaps
• Logging in returns from accounts
• Compiling bestseller reports
• Create/update selling tools.
• Manage and log sample traffic and inventory.
• Conduct sales analysis and compile reports.
Requirements• Able to earn school credit at a US accredited college or graduate school
• Able to dedicate a minimum of 16 hours a week
• Prior experience with Word & Excel
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes a plus
• Possess excellent telephone etiquette
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Prior administrative experience
• Positive attitude and desire to learn
• Proactive, self-starter
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Strong interest in fashion