Fashion Sales and Marketing InternBookmark This
Terracotta New York
DescriptionTerracotta New York, LLC (www.terracottanewyork.com) is a start-up retail company that designs, manufactures, and distributes menswear-inspired accessories for women. Our brand seeks to encourage individuality and promote confidence by bringing the long-standing tradition of simplicity and pattern in menswear to luxury accessories for women. The Company was founded in early 2012 by two women who were former investment banking colleagues.
We are looking for smart and enthusiastic interns who are eager to learn about fashion, sales, marketing, social media, and other facets of a start-up company. This internship is ideal for talented, creative and driven individuals who love fashion and are looking for first-hand experience in sales and marketing. This internship is a part-time position that requires approximately 15 to 20 hours of commitment per week.
Responsibilities• Creating press kits and distributing materials to relevant publications via mail or email
• Assisting with maintaining existing retail vendor relationships; providing prompt updates of new collections to retailers; managing inventory requirements at each retail location
• Targeting potential new retail channels via store visits, email marketing and phone calls
• Collaborating with team to create marketing / social media editorials and contents, as well as seasonal lookbooks and other marketing materials
• Participating in photoshoots and events as needed
Requirements• Experience in or a strong interest in fashion, marketing, ecommerce and retail
• Driven, entrepreneurial self-starter
• Attention to detail with ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Can demonstrate an ability to write succinctly and persuasively
• Ability to handle last-minute requests and fast turnarounds
• Basic understanding of design (i.e., working knowledge of Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
• Currently enrolled in a college / university in good academic standing