Social Media and Online Research Intern in Fashion IndustryBookmark This
Hustle Your Bustle
Manhattan Beach, CA
DescriptionHustle Your Bustle is a start-up online bridal marketplace where women can buy and sell upscale vintage, indie designer, new and pre-owned wedding gowns. HYB appeals to fashionista brides searching for a deal on a designer dress, fashion-forward brides looking for an indie designer piece, nostalgic brides longing for a one-of-a-kind vintage dress, and eco-conscious brides who want to repurpose a once-worn gown.
Launch is scheduled for Spring 2012, and we need an intern who does "a little bit of everything" to help ensure that launch is a success. An ideal position for a stylish and savvy female with a background in fashion or business who would love to learn the process of launching an online business from the ground up. Supervisors are two 30 year-old females with backgrounds in fashion, business, and law.
Position will be unpaid for first three months, with strong possibility of more permanent paid position post-launch if first phase goes well.
Responsibilities- Work on building followings on twitter, facebook, and pinterest, growing email sign-up list, and generally "creating a buzz" about website launch
- Perform research on other businesses in wedding industry
- Reach out and set up strategic partnerships with other businesses (e.g. co-promotions, guest blog posts, prize giveaways, advertising on site, etc.)
- Calling and sending emails to businesses about website launch and seeking dress listings for site
- Contributing to press release strategy
- If able, take photographs and/or design graphics for PR/marketing materials
- Coming up with any other fun, innovative, and effective ways to generate interest in website launch
Requirements- Background in fashion, business, sales, and/or marketing preferred
- Extensive experience with social media, preferably in a business setting (including facebook, twitter, and pinterest)
- At least a junior in college with strong academic record and recommendations
- Strong writing and research skills (we like good grammar!), and knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Graphic design or photography background/skills a major plus
- Energetic, social, self-motivated, resourceful,strong at problem-solving, creative, accountable, lover of brainstorming, strong attention to detail