Spring 2014 Rebecca Taylor Technical Design InternshipBookmark This
New York, NY
Kellwood designs, manufactures, and markets a growing collection of premier fashion brands across a broad range of consumer lifestyles. Kellwood brands are a perfect combination of fashion and quality.
We dress your life. From business to evening events to weekend adventures with the family -- Kellwood has something for everyone.
About Rebecca Taylor
The Rebecca Taylor collection is best known for providing the eternally evolving modern girl with fresh, feminine clothing to compliment and refine her individual sense of style.
• Train with your supervisor to work with fit and construction.
• Measure and prepare garments for Fit Sessions.
• Schedule models
• Keep fit model documentation.
• Proactively and continually expands fabric and construction knowledge i.e. Knit vs. Woven education by working with supervisor, mentoring with a team member
• Perform additional duties and assignments as requested
ResponsibilitiesTo be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume including a cover letter communicating your interest, skills, and experience:
Subject: Technical Design Internship
RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
• Enrolled in an Associate’s/ Bachelor’s/ Master’s program at an accredited college or university with a major in technical design and or pattern related
• 18 years or older
• Able to provide proof of credit or a letter of support to receive academic credit from your college or university prior to starting assignment (this is an unpaid internship, Kellwood will only support an intern on school credit)
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of Patternmaking
• Strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial
• A multi-tasker, proactively seeks out opportunities to support the team with a can-do and follow- through attitude
• Work well in a fast paced environment
• Strong organizational skills