Fashion apparel & t-shirt printing experienceBookmark This
The Shirt Dudes, Inc.
9700 Almeda Genoa Rd.
Posted: March 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe recently moved here from California and 2016 is a huge expansion year for the company. Currently the website is being redeveloped for re-branding our image in the online e-commerce platform. In addition, another high-end brand is in conception to be huge worldwide!
We're seeking SERIOUS interns who are looking for valuable work experience to enhance resumes, with the possibility of landing a full-time paid position with the company upon the end of internship term. We want fun & cool staff to be a part of the growing-team! :)
Gain some experience in printing on apparel & t-shirts through custom silk-screen-printing, heat-press transfers, viny-cutting, etc. We have been printing shirts since 2009 and would like to teach you all of the best practices & various techniques when it comes to apparel printing. You will be taught 6 years worth of knowledge about screenprinting in just a few weeks/months and learn all about the apparel industry: who are the shirt suppliers, where to get chemicals & inks, how to sell online, how to establish a brand, resources & networks, etc. This is for anyone but EXTRA cool for those who love cool t-shirts and website such as Threadless, Snorgtees, Bustedtees, OBEY, Diamond Supply Co., The Hundreds, Supreme, etc. Our company have potential to be like them with your help!
With the new ventures & expansion this year with the CURRENT brand + the NEW brand, there will be in need of assistance to help fulfill printed orders. We currently have 1 person printing and it is not sufficient for the rapid growth potential coming soon. Your assistance will be much appreciated with printing, pressing, folding, packaging, shipping, labeling, re-branding, etc. It is very flexible and only a few hours a week around your schedule.
The bigger we grow as a company & make the brand known, the more VALUABLE it will be to put on your resume for future reference because it was done by your help!
* IMPORTANT: we're located between Hobby & Ellington airport area. If it seems far, we don't want you to be frustrated with your daily commute and bring bad attitude due to traffic, into work-environment! Apply if this experience seems reasonable and adds value to your life.
Level of education
State your goal of taking this internship position
What do you expect to gain from this experience?
Submit here OR email us firstname.lastname@example.org
This internship is very flexible with your schedule. Part-time, few hours a day. We need about 15-25hrs per week for a few months. Terms can be discussed if approved.
Responsibilities- Assist with apparel printing & pressing
- Manage & organize designs that are popular vs slow
- Folding apparel for packaging and shipping
- Print and control shipping labels
- May require to pick up from suppliers of wholesale shirts, chemicals, inks, etc.
- Create new fresh ideas / designs
Requirements- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Strong work ethics & consistent
- Ready to get inked & doing a dirty/messy job
- Interest in apparel, fashion, graphics, shirt designs, etc.
- Photoshop skills is a plus, but not required
SkillsRequired - Shirts, T-shirt Graphics, T-shirts, Printing, Screen Printing, Apparel Design, Apparel Graphics
Preferred - Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop, Graphic Design, Adobe Illustrator, Graphic Arts, Retail, Online Branding, Online Business Management, Brand Awareness, Fashion, Fashion Design, Fashion Illustration, Fashion Retail