Product Development Internship - Fashion / Celebrity&EntertainmentBookmark This
Authentic Brands Group
New York, NY
Posted: December 11 2014
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionProduct Development Internship
Every product that is made under the ABG brand portfolio flows through the Brand Approvals department. During this internship, you will gain hands on brand approval experience as a licensor in the licensing industry.
Interns will work directly with our Brand Approvals management team to assist in daily tasks and long-term projects.
ABG brands include: Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Muhammad Ali, and Shaquille O'Neal in Celebrity; Juicy Couture, Jones New York, Judith Leiber, Fredericks of Hollywood, Adrienne Vittadini, Taryn Rose and Misook in Women’s Fashion; Hickey Freeman, Hart Schaffner Marx, Bobby Jones and Sansabelt in Men’s Fashion; and Spyder, Prince, Airwalk, Vision Street Wear, Ektelon, Viking, TapouT, and Sportcraft in Sports.
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the incoming and outgoing flow of all samples through the department
• Review product and apparel samples with each BA Manager for review and follow up tasks
• Interface directly with Directors and Managers at ABG and our licensees’ counterparts
• Organize product closet by brand/licensee/category
• Maintain showroom appearance; update mannequins per season
• Sample management, shipping and receiving
• Assist with the creation of mood and inspiration boards, and trend reports
• Create brand binders by licensee for all approval collateral
• Gain an understanding on how the licensed merchandise business works from concept to TOP samples
• Think analytically and creatively in both proposing and carrying out approval ideas
• Work in conjunction with PR, Marketing & Business Management interns
• Participate in special projects, perform various administrative and other duties as assigned
RequirementsMUST be enrolled as a student and have eligibility for credits – this is an UNPAID internship for CREDIT ONLY
Have a passion for brand development, trends, and the fashion industry
Strong writing and communication skills are necessary
Prior work or internship experience a plus
We are currently seeking applicants for the Summer 2016 semester and have immediate openings.
Please email resume to Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org