Fashion Production InternshipBibhu Mohapatra
Intern needed from July 1st Privee Showroom Accessories New YorkSt Honore Privee Showroom
Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogging OpportunityA Girl in LA
Fashion Industry - Style University MagazineDirty Diana Magazine, LLC
Wardrobe StylistF. Sly Photography
Graphic Designer Internship (downtown Los Angeles)MNM Couture
Fashion Intern needed for top editorPaul Sinclaire Studio
Business & Impact InternshipBookmark This
Piece & Co
650 West Lake Street
Posted: July 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPiece & Co. is a for-profit social enterprise that connects established fashion brands with female artisans in the developing world. We provide sustainable livelihoods to underserved populations and unique, socially impactful products to our brand partners. Since launching in 2011 we have sourced products for brands like J. Crew, Tory Burch, Eileen Fisher, and Crate & Barrel, while providing job opportunities to 5,000 women in the developing world.
Piece & Co. accepts interns into its rotational program year-round. Our interns work across multiple departments including: operations, artisan development, product design, finance, marketing, account management, and sales. The program is geared toward students interested in getting experience in a startup environment, learning hands-on, and creating a tangible social impact. Piece & Co. has an extremely fast-paced environment, a passionate team, and a culture of excellence, engagement, mutual respect, social impact, and fun. Internships will be 10-20 hours per week and hours are flexible. Each intern will be exposed to all parts of the business and have the opportunity to work with team members in each function. Interns are encouraged to choose long-term projects in a single area they are interested in to play an important role in the development of the overall business.
Responsibilities- Assist the design team in preparing materials for customers and sales efforts, and keep inventory records up to date and organized.
- Research industry-specific sites (blogs, forums, etc.) for product reviews, customer comments, and other relevant marketing and sales information.
- Research new artisan markets to determine business opportunities, risks, and potential new partners.
- Engage in impact assessment, collecting information from the Piece & Co. field team and aiding our marketing team in telling stories of change.
Requirements- Pursuing a degree and eligible for academic credit in conjunction with the internship.
- Passionate about the Piece & Co. mission.
- Engaged in an excellent work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communicators.
- Able to interact comfortably with people.
- Interested in learning more about different areas of a business.
- Computer and social media savvy.
- Adept at setting and meeting deadlines, prioritizing, and managing several projects at once.
- Bilingual in any language.