Communications, New Media InternBookmark This
8335 Sunset Blvd., Suite 201
West Hollywood, CA
Posted: August 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are Stily, a small, yet powerful App & content site aiming to change the way that you look your best. With our app you are able to find the best beauty professionals near you, review their offerings, and make an appointment on the go. On our site, you will be able to learn the latest beauty techniques, read about the hot trends in fashion, hair, & makeup, & watch exclusive videos about these topics and much more.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects, provide support to the Communications Editor, create original content
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of articles for Stily Mag, our content site
- Assisting with photo & video shoots, attending industry events, coordinating with talent.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Manage Social Media Channels for Stily including original posts of video, text, & photographs from diverse locations
+ Spanish language skills highly desired
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of video production applications, Social Media tools, and blogging
- Experience/interest in hair/ fashion/ photography & video production highly sought after
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite tools a plus
- Skilled at managing Social media Accounts in Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, & Twitter