SEO Strategist & Fashion Content WriterAddress Chic
Amazing Social Media Interns needed for clothing brandNgozika Okeke
Thomas Wylde Fashion Design, Marketing, Sales, Production, PR InternshipThomas Wylde
Account Executive InternHead to Toe Style LLC
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERNAddress Chic
FASHION & MARKETING INTERN - STYLING TV SHOWAddress Chic
Social Media marketing InternMiche Styles
Fashion Design InternCharles Warren
Customer Service/Merchandising/Administrative- Intern for Menswear companyBookmark This
New Standard Edition
Union Square area
New York, NY
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern for a start-up men's denim & pants lifestyle brand! This position within a startup company offers the opportunity to work closely with the owner who has 20+ years retail experience in the street wear/apparel industry. Learn the ins and outs of the fashion industry and how to start your own brand! Opportunity to assist on photo shoots, social media, showroom appointments and trade shows.
Located in New York, NY
• Work directly with owner to manage business transactions and communicate with retail accounts and outside sales agency
• Contact accounts to assist in opening new accounts and generate re-orders with existing accounts.
• Maintain purchase order and inventory systems.
• Organize samples, and prepare sales performance reports in preparation for sales presentations with retail accounts.
• Analyze sales data to contribute perspectives on upcoming season’s merchandising strategies.
• Assist with trend research and shopping trips to collaborate with owner and designers on design.
• Assist coordinating and styling for photo shoots for linesheets and social media content.
• Work with owner to assist in factory buying decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
• Learn all processes involved in running a start-up clothing business-
• Sales: Complete process for selling a product line.
• Merchandising: Strategy and thought process for developing a clothing line-
• Budgeting: Tracking monthly sales and expenses, and updating PandL reports.
• Mentor/References/Exposure: Learn from the owner and his years of experience as a retail merchant. Get Linkedin endorsements and references from relevant contacts. Meet industry contacts and attend tradeshows.
• Incentive based compensation
Requirements• Fashion, merchandising, buying or planning within a Business curriculum
• Must be innately organized and highly self-motivated.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly personable.
• Strong aptitude for working with numbers.
• Highly comfortable working with Excel.
• Interest in how to run a small fashion business preferred