INTERN FOR HIGH PROFILE JEWELRY DESIGNERTHE A ALLENGROUP
Social Media & Community Management InternHouse of Heim
Public Relations InternHouse of Heim
Editorial / Journalism InternHouse of Heim
Graphic Design and Web DesignerHouse of Heim
Pattern Maker/SeamstressHouse of Heim
Fashion PR InternThe Transience
Concept Design InternJoe Fresh
DESIGN ASSISTANT INTERNBookmark This
ROMEO HUNTE NEW YORK
New York, NY
New York, NY
Posted: March 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionRomeo Hunte is a contemporary lifestyle brand driven by the rawness and authenticity of street chic fashion. The New York-based brand reflects the eclectic city with its abstract details and clean aesthetic. Founded by Brooklyn-born designer Romeo Hunte, the brand heeds to the desire of effortlessly chic and casual style with a minimal yet complex flair.
With a vision to create a more definitive lifestyle for the woman with style, Romeo designed a line of cool, strong and polished pieces with intricately edgy detailing. Each garment channels a tamed rebellion that allows a woman to project her own distinction in a subtle yet alluring way.
ROMEO HUNTE looking for a Design Assistant Intern! We are searching for bright, fearless and love for fashion working individuals with some experience. The ideal candidate is responsible for assisting with the creation of commercially viable product designs across collections. Coordinate and deliver brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. Applies a solid working knowledge of fashion trends and consumer needs to product designs. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals. Work right along side with Designer on all aspects of product lifecycle from concept to final development.
Responsibilities• Prepare line sheet/look book and presentation materials/set-up for line previews and buy meetings.
• Assist in identifying specific materials, color palettes, patterns and prints for the season.
• Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
• Assist in shopping the retail and trend (fabric/color/fashion) markets seeking new merchandise ideas, as needed.
• Assist in creating and distributing fabric development packages.
• Assist in creating and distributing color cards, trim cards and pattern development sheets.
• Assist in developing flat mechanical sketches for design development
• Assist in selecting styles, materials and colors that fit the brand and style plans.
• Work with Designer in developing print and pattern designs.
• Assist in reviewing development samples.
• Assist in the tracking and approval of fabric samples, ship-in and ship-out.
• Participate in fit sessions.
RequirementsMUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE
• Strong multi-tasking skills and organizational skills to be able to balance several projects at a time
• Strong knowledge of garment construction and fabrics
• Good hand sketching skills & flats
• Computer skills like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, tech packs, Microsoft Office,
• Thrive in a fast-paced, creative work environment with tight deadlines