Bohemian Bridal Company Wholesale Fashion InternshipDaughters of Simone
social media / community managerAnne Bowen/The Meurigan Company
Social Media & Community Management InternCabana One Media
Public Relations InternCabana One Media
Fashion Showroom Assistant InterneM Productions
Modeling Agency InternshipMC2 Model Management
PR & Communications AssociateSoma Footwear
Fashion Design InternCharles Warren
Design Cad Artist for Home Textile/ Bedding CompanyBookmark This
fab furniture co
1618 mcdonald ave
Posted: June 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDESIGN CAD ARTIST, BEDDING & BATH - 17057 New York, NY
this is for our bedding textile division, We are a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products our reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope: The position of Cad Artist for Bedding & Bath (i.e. sheets, accessories, blankets, quilts, utility, bath towels, and bath accessories) is a unique one in that the qualities and characteristics of this product line encompass many different materials and construction techniques that are more closely related to apparel than to traditional home products. The Designer must have a love and interest of Home Design, coupled with experience in the details and qualities that are associated with fashion. This position requires someone with a sophisticated design aesthetic, experience, organizational skills, management skills, and someone who works well with a team.
· Responsible for finding qualities and original documents that will serve as new inspiration for the design rigs concepts, and their specific product category.
· Work with the team to specify items from the concept rigs that can be used as the inspiration for their product category.
· Identify such product necessities as sewing construction, trims, buttons, and all other aspects of a specific products design character.
· Develop the artwork for each development, i.e., the case of woven fabrics such things as qualities, constructions, color, and finish standards will be identified and reviewed with the VP.
· Compile artwork packages to be handed out to factories for product development.
· Receive and process all of the submits for these developments on a timely basis and review with team
· Review the progress of each development with Retailers, Licensee, Sales, Merchandising, and Senior Management.
· Receive and carefully review all of the market samples, after approval.
· Studying to have a Degree in a Design-related field.
· experience working in the industry.
· Experience in Textile Design.
· Experience in shopping the market for qualities, contacting suppliers, and visiting document houses is essential.
· Possess an aptitude for understanding various fashion aesthetics, and ability to access inspiration from other departments in the company.
· Must understand the development of embroideries, bead-work, leather, raffia, and numerous other qualities and techniques.
· Management and organizational skills.
· Sophisticated design aesthetic.
· Excellent sense of color.
· Must be current in Photoshop and Illustrator