design intern - fashion accessories and jewelry, textile bagsBookmark This
10 Jay Street
DescriptionGlobal design firm - bluma project is looking for a self-motivated and creative intern to help with all aspects of sample making and office work. In the Brooklyn studio we develop designs for groups in Africa, Peru, India, the Philippines and the USA and distribute them in stores such as Anthropologie, Free People and abc home. Great opportunity to see how this type of business works and to help build sustainable income for artisans around the world.
This is an unpaid internship. School credit can be given
• Assist designer with projects as needed
• Conduct internet research as directed
• Manage packages, UPS and commercial invoices
• Understand and watch target market and competitive brands
• Being able to work with your hands a must.
RequirementsDesign student or graduate.
Knowledge of beading, sewing, patternmaking or jewelry construction is a plus. We give full training on all of these techniques as a part of the internship. Looking for full-time summer interns starting in May/June. Will give school credit if needed.