design intern - fashion accessories and jewelry, textile bagsBookmark This
DescriptionGlobal design firm - bluma project is looking for a self-motivated and creative intern to help with all aspects of sample making and office work. We develop designs for groups in Africa and distribute them in stores such as Anthropologie and abc home. Great opportunity to see how this type of business works and to help women’s groups in Africa.
This is an unpaid internship. School credit can be given
• Assist designer with projects as needed
• Conduct internet research as directed
• Manage packages, UPS and commercial invoices
• Understand and watch target market and competitive brands
• Being able to work with your hands a must.
RequirementsDesign student or graduate.
Knowledge of sewing, patternmaking or jewelry construction is a plus. Can be part or full time. Will give school credit if needed. For immediate placement.