Fashion Internship in New York Showroom - Exposed to all aspects of the business!Black Halo
Fashion internshipElliott Berman Textiles
Marketing & Social Media InternShahida Parides
Soho New York City Fashion Design InternshipMiss Circle LLC
Assistant to Senior Fashion Editor/PR DirectorTrend Prive Magazine
Social Media & Community Management InternHollenberg
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHollenberg
Business Development / Sales InternHollenberg
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFashion Design and Art Week (FDAW) is a fashion/arts platform continuously making waves in the fashion industry. FDAW bridges the gap between buyers, consumers and members of the media/press to view collections from designers and young creatives around the world.
FDAW leads the way with initiatives that supports, strengthens and develops the fashion industry, with a physical platform to further position fashion as a useful tool for commerce and creativity in Virginia as well as the East Coast.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? FDAW's Internship program is designed to offer our Interns valuable insight into the fashion industry, with an opportunity to grow as a young professional. In our program (paid internship after 3-6 months) you will gain an opportunity to experience real work experience in the world of "Fashion". Our interns gain the communication, accountability and professionalism basics to help jumpstart a successful career with FDAW fashion week and/or within the industry.
Paid Internship after 3-6 months, based on performance.
Position is based in Richmond, VA.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus