Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: August 15 2016
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSouthern Bohemian is looking for motivated candidates who have a strong interest in fashion and trends, as well as a wide knowledge of online stores, and bloggers and tastemakers. Southern Bohemian is a lifestyle brand offering fashion and accessories by way of our Boho-Luxe Boutique Truck. We are launching our fashion, art and lifestyle website which will offer followers: 1) a peek into the trailblazing stories of entrepreneurs 2) virtual collective of artisans and their goods 3) advice and tips to the existing and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus