Fashion and beauty writer internship for new online companyBookmark This
1439 5th ave
New York, NY
Posted: September 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Who we are:
Founded in June 2015, Afiabeauty.com is at the forefront of everything related to beauty. With shop-able content, insider tips, and advice as well as daily celebrity beauty inspirations, our unique voice brings an edge to the world of online media. We produce content that combines elegance, class, and pop culture and showcases diversity. We are a site that celebrates beauty in every shape and form. We celebrate all women. – Diversity is what we stand for and what we represent.
We are looking for aspiring young writers/journalist to contribute to our brand new site. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer with an interest in fashion and beauty. Initially, this position will start of unpaid but can lead to a full time paid one. This position is meant to grow your writing skills, build your portfolio and give you networking opportunities.
Please note : This is a remote position but candidates living in New York are preferred.
• A chance to work with a group of fun, young and creative team
• Your own author page and byline
• Weekly/Biweekly staff meetings/Brunch
• Chance to network
• Ability to quickly grow with us
To apply email us
- Telling us a little about yourself
- Resume attached.
- Two writing samples/interviews that you have done
This position starts immediately for the right candidate
Responsibilities• Brainstorming and researching new content ideas
• Writing at least 5 short post a week related to skin care, product reviews, celeb beauty etc.
• Attending beauty events around the city and conducting interviews and profiles
The right candidate is:
• A beauty and wellness enthusiast
• Able to meet deadlines
• Extremely reliable
• Familiar with Wordpress and Photoshop
• Has access to a computer
What we are looking for:
Current college student or recent graduate. Prior internship experience is not required, but a plus
• Background in communications, media studies, creative writing or journalism
• Passion for beauty and wellness