Design InternGoldsheep Clothing
Fashion Creative Content InternKlickpicks
Visual Styling + Storytelling InternKlickpicks
Stylist Intern - Celebrity/Fashion/EditorialSTYLING LIFE Inc.
Paid Fashion InternshipMiss Circle llc
Fashion InternLinda Lesater & Co Services
Beauty Editors assistantFV MAGAZINE
Fashion Editor asst | NY only !FV MAGAZINE
Fashion Apparel Design InternBookmark This
We Are All Onesie
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: June 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is a fully functional small (but growing) apparel design and manufacture business based near downtown Los Angeles. Because we are growing quickly we need someone who can handle many types of tasks from design, production and shipping of our garments. We do in-house design, pattern-making, sample making, fabric sourcing and printing, e-commerce and event selling, shipping or finished goods to customers and wholesale clients.
We truly believe in our name, We Are All Onesie (www.weareallonesie.com) and would love someone who can embrace this concept. We believe we are all one race of people striving for the same things; love, acceptance, recognition and success in life. Come help us spread this message through fun, comfortable and creative clothing!
We make fun, unique apparel for men and women. We use fun prints and bright colors for our clothing and appeal to festival goers, performers, rave culture and Burning Man attendees as well as anyone who just wants to stand out in their clothing. You'll love working here, we have a ton of fun with what we do! Did you ever dream of working with Unicorns, Mermaids and Fairies? This is the place. Have a ton of fun while learning the ins and outs of the fashion industry from design concept to finished goods without all the seriousness and ego of the majority of the fashion houses out there.
This is an internship is for creative, self-sufficient individuals who want to elevate their skill set in the fashion industry. *Fashion experience/background preferred.
ResponsibilitiesYou would be doing a wide variety of tasks all relating to the operation and business of a working apparel company. This may include making runs downtown to pick up fabrics or drop off patterns to our contractors.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Working with patterns
- Cutting fabrics
- Helping with sewing samples
- Organizing and tidying of our workspace
- Maintaining daily tasks lists
- Assisting on photo shoots
- Organizing events, trade shows, festival vending
- Sometimes working at festivals in our vending booth if desired
- Organizing patterns
- Organizing trims
- Helping with packing and shipping of orders
- Helping with inventory of stock products
- Logging customer orders online
- Submitting new design ideas
- Flat sketches of existing designs (if able)
- Tracing and cutting out of patterns
Requirements- Minimum 3-month commitment
- Available to work a minimum of 1 day per week.
- Strong sense of fashion and creativity
- Some sewing skills required
- Be confident or willing to learn to use industrial sewing machines
- Some patternmaking skills desired but not required. You will learn this skill with us
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient work ethic
- Fast, efficient, and accurate
- Ability to follow directions and tasks when given and able to work unsupervised at times
- Ability to research and resolve problems
- Reliable transportation
SkillsRequired - Sewing, Driving License, Always Willing to Learn, Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Fabric Selection, Pattern Making, Flat Sketching, Strong Communication Skills