Fashion Marketing & Sales InternshipLana Unlimited
Photographer/Social Media Intern for Mens Apparel companyNew Standard Edition
Apparel Design- Intern for Menswear companyNew Standard Edition
Showroom InternGreg Mills Showroom
Showroom Assistant Intern - NEED ASAPLa Fiorentina
Visual Merchandising InternFrette
Fashion PR InternshipHeather Magidsohn Consulting
Store Management InternshipMadison USA
Fashion Business Management And Brand Development internshipBookmark This
Shilo Byrd Studio
236 Greenpoint Ave, 4th floor Suite 22
New York, NY
Posted: September 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionShilo Byrd Studio is a RTW pattern and sample room serving the NYC fashion industry. We make the clothing that walks the runway.
We are currently seeking a business management intern to work on and learn a range of skills relevant to a building a business career in the luxury fashion sector.
This opportunity is uniquely valuable as the candidate who undertakes the position will get to see a big-picture view of the purpose and operation of our entire company. This is opposition to a similar position in a large corporate environment wherein interns only see a narrow slice of the total business at hand and usually do a very narrow scope of work.
While we have a large diversity of tasks in mind for this position, we would absolutely be willing to tailor it to the right candidate's specific career aims.
The opportunity would be suitable for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in PR/Marketing, Brand Development, or business management for apparel, specifically NYC RTW.
ResponsibilitiesPossible tasks and skills to be undertaken by a successful candidate:
- all manner of business administration tasks excepting finance. Studio workflow calendar management, tasking and reporting, staff and resource allocation.
- Liaising with existing client designers for all manner of business including fittings, model bookings, collection development, sample scheduling and more.
- Brainstorming new ideas and implementing new and old business growth strategies to bring new clients in, or help boost existing client relationships.
- Work with PR to develop and action marketing strategy for business growth aims.
- assisting in the development and design of print ephemera for marketing purposes, workflow management, and business management.
- Assisting in the concepting, development, and production of trade show exhibition strategy, setup, and ephemera. Assistance manning the trade show booth and representing the company to the industry if the internship is undertaken during trade show season.
- concepting and development of brand marketing strategy through social media, web and print outlets
- assistance seeking and developing relationships with complimentary service providers, product suppliers, marketing contacts and factories.
- apparel product development market research
RequirementsWe are looking for candidates with the following:
- shows a demonstrated interest in the business side of the RTW fashion industry. Namely, academic study or prior internship experience.
- Articulate and professional in verbal conversation, over email, and on the phone
- Professional demeanor, punctual, has a clear personal style.
- Pointed attention to detail, a propensity to do things correctly and not cut corners.
- takes initiative, asks thoughtful questions,
- outgoing personality, not reluctant to speak openly with clients and potential clients many of whom are quite prestigious within the fashion industry.
Ideal candidate would work 4-5 days a week 10-6. This internship is unpaid but provides a lunch and travel stipend and offers paid commission opportunity.
There is no guarantee of employment upon completion of the internship but the company is in a massive growth stage and we always look to our internship program alumni to fill positions first.
This position in particular has strong possibility to lead into a paid position if someone makes themselves absolutely indispensable.
SkillsRequired - Google Docs
Preferred - WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator