Fashion Internship in New York Showroom - Exposed to all aspects of the business!Black Halo
Fashion internshipElliott Berman Textiles
Marketing & Social Media InternShahida Parides
Soho New York City Fashion Design InternshipMiss Circle LLC
Assistant to Senior Fashion Editor/PR DirectorTrend Prive Magazine
Social Media & Community Management InternHollenberg
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHollenberg
Business Development / Sales InternHollenberg
Fashion Design InternBookmark This
504 Congress Ave.
Posted: May 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCsilla Somogyi - downtown Austin boutique with it's own clothing line is seeking for 2 bright and skilled fashion design interns.
The design, cut, construction and production of each garment (colorful jersey dresses and tops) is done in the boutique thus creating a very unique business concept.
The clothing line was started in 2007 by designer Csilla Somogyi in New York City where she had a boutique in Tribeca, Manhattan. Now in Austin Csilla opened a store in a historical building (oldest standing construction built in 1856) on Congress Ave.
CsillaWear is really one of the most creative environments a young designer with tenacity and a passion for fashion can hope for.
Interested candidates please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesIntern is to work closely with the designer through each step of the production process:
- Drafting paper patterns, cutting fabric and constructing garments
- Beading and embroidery
- Hand and machine stitching (serger and single needle)
- Researching trends and assisting with concept creations
- Assist in managing boutique operations
- Organizing paper pattern filing books
- Scheduling appointments with vendors, clients, models, suppliers and attending these meetings
- Some communication with parts of Los Angeles or New York City garment districts
- Assist during events and receptions
- Possibly maintain website, blog and social media network presence
- Part of the time intern may work from home
Requirements- Passion for fashion (must) and Textile/Fashion/Studio Arts Majors (preferred)
- Possess organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Looking to be actively involved in the fashion community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, basic HTML, MS Office Suite