FASHION MERCHANDISING ASSISTANTJIBRI Plus Size Apparel
Beauty Editors assistantFV MAGAZINE
Fashion Editor asst | NY only !FV MAGAZINE
Production Internship with NYC Bridal Design House- Fall 2017Carol Hannah
Design intern for NYC Bridal Design House- Fall 2017Carol Hannah
Business/Fashion/Graphic Design InternshipFornash, Inc.
Intern needed from July 1st Privee Showroom Accessories New York English French SpeakerSt Honore Privee Showroom
Online Fashion MarketerBroder Bros. Co.
Fashion Design InternBookmark This
504 Congress Ave.
Posted: May 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCsilla Somogyi - downtown Austin boutique with it's own clothing line is seeking for 2 bright and skilled fashion design interns.
The design, cut, construction and production of each garment (colorful jersey dresses and tops) is done in the boutique thus creating a very unique business concept.
The clothing line was started in 2007 by designer Csilla Somogyi in New York City where she had a boutique in Tribeca, Manhattan. Now in Austin Csilla opened a store in a historical building (oldest standing construction built in 1856) on Congress Ave.
CsillaWear is really one of the most creative environments a young designer with tenacity and a passion for fashion can hope for.
Interested candidates please email to: email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesIntern is to work closely with the designer through each step of the production process:
- Drafting paper patterns, cutting fabric and constructing garments
- Beading and embroidery
- Hand and machine stitching (serger and single needle)
- Researching trends and assisting with concept creations
- Assist in managing boutique operations
- Organizing paper pattern filing books
- Scheduling appointments with vendors, clients, models, suppliers and attending these meetings
- Some communication with parts of Los Angeles or New York City garment districts
- Assist during events and receptions
- Possibly maintain website, blog and social media network presence
- Part of the time intern may work from home
Requirements- Passion for fashion (must) and Textile/Fashion/Studio Arts Majors (preferred)
- Possess organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Looking to be actively involved in the fashion community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, basic HTML, MS Office Suite