Fashion Intern For Credible Menswear SiteBookmark This
Style Society Guy
Brooklyn, Bushwick, Williamsburg
New York, NY
Posted: June 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe menswear blog features how-to guides, detailed outfit breakdowns and curated shopping lists. Often featured in popular round ups such as '15 Mens Fashion Blogs You Need to Follow -- The Fashion Spot and '5 Male Fashion Bloggers You Need To Follow During Mens Fashion Week' -- Independent Fashion Bloggers. Our audience is a little of Wall Street Journal & HIGH SNOBIETY & GQ. We are looking for a social media/editorial intern to create digital inspiration for readers and consumers. This is truly an experience for someone who thrives off of Menswear! WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SIDEKICK FOR A CREDIBLE MENSWEAR.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? (PERKS)
• Exclusive invites to fashion events, parties, fashion week shows, press previews.
• Learn about site maintenance and what it takes to run a media site.
• Free product for certain projects.
• Learn copywriting tricks.
• Develop your entrepreneurial spirit (we all have one!)
• Help create on-brand creative content across our social media platforms including the blog, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
• Assist in photoshoots for the blog and social content.
• Attend and help document/ photograph industry events or behind the scenes of certain
• Schedule meetings
• Attend events (fashion & networking)
• Maintain and help grow our social media platforms.
• Help to stay engaged with our followers.
• Support editorial needs with product curation and outfit creation
• Assist with social output and growth
• Stay up to date and inform the team on industry news
• Upload and schedule articles and social media messaging
Additional responsibilities as available and qualified
Please send a cover letter with your resume, telling us a little about yourself and why you are interested in this internship. Alternatively you can send over your LinkedIn or social profiles.
• An energetic and proactive professional with a strong interest in men's fashion and social media.
• Available 2-3 days per week (weekends are acceptable)
• Are an avid user of social media including Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Have some experience with photography or very willing to learn the basics/takes direction really well, along with having a great eye for photography.
• Loves to constantly scour the web for inspiration (for creative content) to help bring fresh ideas to the table.
• Self motivated, have a positive attitude, organized, and punctual.
• Personable, as you will be developing relationships via email and phone.