Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogging OpportunityA Girl in LA
Fashion Industry - Style University MagazineDirty Diana Magazine, LLC
Wardrobe StylistF. Sly Photography
Graphic Designer Internship (downtown Los Angeles)MNM Couture
Fashion Intern needed for top editorPaul Sinclaire Studio
Fashion Marketing InternJOHN PAUL ATAKER
Fashion Boutique PR/Sales AssistantCREATIV
Fashion Apparel Production InternshipBookmark This
THE WELL LA
1006 S. Olive Street
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: June 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Well LA is a lifestyle brand made up of a brick and mortar retail store, online store, hair salon and photo studio/event space located in DTLA. We house contemporary brands such as DRKSHDW by Rick Owens and Vivienne Westwood in our 4,000 square foot space.
We are looking for dynamic, energetic interns that are interested in helping with garment production department.
Seeking an individual who is highly organized with lots of initiative and the ability to multi-task. The right candidate will be able to prioritize, have proficient computer skills, the ability to work under pressure and within a team environment.
Learn apparel production from our lead designer. We are looking for individuals that would like to be an enviroment where they will be able to see the production of garments from yarn all the way to apparel distribution. Candidates will assist director of design on tasks needed involving production such as going to dye house, knittingn facility, etc.
- Take direction from head designer with all aspects of the design process for all of The Wells labels.
- Picking up orders textiles and vendors.
- Attend fit sessions to assist designer with measurements to ensure are met and sample corrections are made.
- Assist lead designer with testing procedures on fabric, yarn, trim and finished garments.
- Update the production status report weekly with information gathered from lead designer.
RequirementsDesirable Skills and Requirements:
- Team player with good communications skills
- Reliable and consistent
- Flexible attitude and able to take initiative
- Excellent eye for detail and good organizational skills
- Mac literate (preferable)
- Knowledge or experience of fashion, designers, and brands
- Previous fashion internships are helpful but not essential
- Available 2 days per week
- Must have own laptop
- Minimum of 1 year of college in apparel production and/or fashion design.
- MUST have a reliable car
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Facebook, Excel, Mac OS X, Twitter, Instagram
Preferred - Adobe Photoshop