Spring 2017 Interns Needed-URGENTMargo Siegel PR
Visual Merchandising/ Styling FEMALES ONLYAkris
Marketing & Social Media Intern at Upscale Progressive Fashion LabelAsher Levine
Digital Media Intern at Modern Fashion LabelAsher Levine
Fashion Design InternAsher Levine
Online Fashion MarketerTom Ford
Fashion Production InternshipBookmark This
270 w. 38th st. suite.1100
New York, NY
Posted: August 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNew luxury women's wear fashion brand of couture and ready to wear searching for full and part time Production Intern (3-5 days per week) to start immediately.
Great opportunity to gain experience in a creative and dynamic company.
- sourcing fabric and trims
- maintaining fabric and trims library and taking inventory of quantities
- following up with lab dips to ensure color consistency
- tracking sample status--communicating with designers, production manager, cutting rooms and factories/sample rooms
- attending fittings and noting fit comments
- initiating correspondence with fabric & trim suppliers, issuing purchase orders and following up with deliveries in person or via phone/email
- calculating garment yields
- running errands in garment center
- performing all around assistant responsibilities in a collaborative work environment
- be detail oriented, hard working, self-motivated, resourceful with a positive attitude
- have graduated with a design, business or operations degree or have relevant experience
- have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- have basic understanding of garment construction and solid foundation in retail math
- be proficient in Excel, web email. Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator a plus.