- Internships /
- Fashion /
- Fashion Retail & Non-Profit Management/Styling/ E-Commerce Marketing Internship
Fashion Retail & Non-Profit Management/Styling/ E-Commerce Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Bridge to Success
1236 S. Halsted St.
Posted: February 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWant to gain hands-on small-business experience? Do you have a passion for fashion and want to use that skill to support the community? Do you get a certain thrill from working in un-structured, fast paced and creative environments? Then you may just might have the chops to join our team. Bridge to Success is looking for interns who are dynamic, high-energy, benevolent and hard working individuals who represent our values and are passionate about our mission.
Bridge to Success is a non-profit organization with a social enterprise focus. Our mission is the enhancement of employment opportunities for to at-risk, low/no-income, hard-to-employ men, women and youth by providing high-end interview and work place appropriate clothing coupled with coaching to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and a sense of belonging at the workplace. Bridge to Success operates high-end resale store, The Bottomline, as its social enterprise operation. Bridge to Success is the only agency serving men, women and young adults city-wide.
Overview of Fashion Retail Management Internship:
Bridge to Success is looking for volunteer interns with retail and/or customer service backgrounds who are service oriented, self-starters with fresh, innovative ideas who will assist us hands-on in a broad range of experiences.
Assist us with one-on-one styling of client: Client styling offers an opportunity for personal interaction directly with Bridge to Success clients. In a relaxed, boutique setting, you'll act as a personal shopper by helping clients select interview-appropriate clothing and accessories and styling them from head to toe! Pull from our inventory of high-end, professional attire and accessories to put together the perfect look. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of clients, including men and women, veterans, ages 18-60+.
Sales associate in our boutique as well as e-commerce sales marketing assistance:
Can you spot couture, designer and vintage items? Help us turn great pieces of fashion into funds that support our non-profit programs! Assisting us in researching, photographing, writing copy and styling designer items for sale online. Promote items online using blogging and various social media platforms.
Managing inventory/ merchandising our client services center:
"Presentation is everything!";: Help us create order out of chaos and spot and price designer items. This opportunity allows you to work in a fun, ever-changing environment, creating outfits and window displays that express current trends. Use visual, design and organization skills to keep resale boutique looking stylish, chic and well ordered.
Responsibilities• Work directly with Store Manager
• Use visual, design and organization skills to keep resale store looking chic and well ordered
• Assist in merchandising inventory, pricing items for resale; researching designer & consignment items and partnering with retailers and companies to plan clothing drives or discover new revenue streams for the organization
• Manage (open and close) POS system as well as customer transactions
• Maintain client services area and inventory – update as needed
• Assist with the planning, implementing and marketing of boutique sales and special events
RequirementsAn internship offers the opportunity to increase:
• Customer service skills and orientation
• Interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to people from a variety of different backgrounds, cultures and experiences
• Ability to work well independently and as a self- starter
• Ability to work creatively, entrepreneurially, and innovatively with the able to see the "big picture"
• Management skills necessary for success in an ever-changing environment